One of the questions I get asked all the time is: What is the different between content marketing and social media marketing. In case you or your clients have this same question, I highlighted the major differences below:
• Content marketing involves producing interesting content to engage people online
• Goal of content marketing is to use various pieces of content — blog posts, website pages, webinars, videos, etc. — to attract website visitors and convert them to customers
Social Media Marketing
• Social media marketing involves distributing content on social media sites and networks to reach and engage with people online
• It also is a way to find new customers and listen to what they have to say about your brand, industry and competitors
• Goal of social media is often brand awareness coupled with customer satisfaction and retention
Social media marketing and content marketing go hand-in-hand. Pretty much any time you create new content anywhere online, you are going to use social media channels to promote it and make sure people find it. Some view social media as an integral part of content marketing, while others say social media is the channel and content marketing is the tactic. At the end of the day, I would argue that it doesn’t matter as long as you understand that you can’t be successful at one without the other.
Need further help with your content and social media marketing? Contact CCI today!